The color work shop eyeshadow pallete review and swatches

07 November 2015



Hi, Lovelies! I'm back with another review and swatches post! I will be reviewing about The color workshop eyeshadow palette. 

I got this eyeshadow palette as a gift from my Boyfriend's sister so I don't know where did she buy it. I featured this product on my earlier posts which is my Drugstore makeup haul for May 2015.see here



Overview:
Rating: 2.0/5 stars ★★☆☆☆
Price Tag: $9.99
Shades Available: 20 shades

Formulation:
I can't find any information regarding The Color Workshop so I don't know if this brand tests on animals or not.

Consistency:
Most of the eye shadow crumbs and was extremely cakey which was disappointing. Plus the powders feel stale. You have to really dig into the eyeshadow to even get a decent amount onto your applicator or brush.


Color Pay-Off:
Some of the eye shadows are really pigmented, others are so thin and opaque, and most of them don't blend at all if I'm not wearing powder over my foundation.

Some of the metallic colors are good enough. They're not heavily pigmented but they're good enough for a light day make-up look I guess. Although the neutrals and nudes are a big disappointment as they don't color at all.

Staying power:
I was not impressed. The eyeshadows have no staying power. I wasn't wearing any primer, so when they were only applied onto my foundation covered lids, the eyeshadow's frosty vibrancy disappeared in under ten minutes.

Packaging:
I find it great, it's is very cute and handy. The case of this eye shadow palette resembles an iPhone! It has a tiny mirror attached to it's case and it includes 2 eye shadow applicators. the only downside to this product's packaging is the pans are very small, so you have to watch with the eye shadow applicator to not stir all the neighboring pans, which I unfortunately do not always succeeded.


Smell:
It has no offensive scent.

Swatch:
It comes in 20 shades: Vanilla, Apricot, Pink, Artic, Sandstorm, Tangelo, Rose, Silver, Olive, Bronze, Coral, Aqua, Currant, Emerald, Plum, Deep sea, Hot Pink, Hint, Smokey, and Lilac.
The eyeshadows are very sheer and frosty. This whole pallet contains nothing but glittery coated powders and glittery filled waxes. Women with wrinkles should stay away from this pallet as the glitter will only emphasize their creases. Serious make-up artists should stay away as well, as you can't create any dramatic or special effects using this pallet as the eyeshadows are hard to blend. While i'm doing swatches and I have to scrape the color off just to get it onto my arm. Well as you can see, it did not help.





Pros:
  • I believe this collection is child-friendly. This would make a great gift for little girls or for teenagers who are just starting to learn about makeup.
  • This is great for someone who wants something light and not too done up.
  • You can now discreetly apply your makeup in public.
  • I could easily slip this case into a medium sized purse, as it's the size of a regular clutch. Not only is this pallet well organized, but it's portable and multi-functional too.
  • Good for Traveling.
  • Some are nice colors 
  • Compact 
  • Nice Packaging 
Cons:
  • Chalky 
  • Goes on very cakey and only get worse 
  • Not much product at all 
  • No staying power
  • Some eyeshadows are not highly pigmented
  • Most eyeshadow does not blend at all
  • the pans are very small
Buy recommendation:

Yes and no. If you do not yet have a majority of these colors, but if you like them, it's a great opportunity to expand your scope of eyeshadow. Otherwise, you don't really need this range, especially if you are very picky when it comes to texture and order.


So what do you think about this product? would you like to purchase one of these? What is your favorite eyeshadow palette? Let me know by dropping a comment down below. Thank you for reading and have a nice day lovely! ♥
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It makes me happy to read your comments :) I try to reply to all of them and would be happy to check out your blog and post a comment in return. xx Jamie

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature