All about my DIY ombre hair

08 May 2015
DIY ombre hair

Ombre hair refers to hair color fading from dark to light, or vice versa. Instead of the color starting from the roots, it gradually becomes lighter, or darker, towards the ends. The word "ombre" in French means shadow or shade. -urban dictionary

it was August last year (2014) when I decided to get an ombre hair. Ombre hair was such a trend during that time and until today. I'm kinda experimenting on my hair during that time because I thought that my hair was dull and boring good thing that I heard about this ombre hair style so I decided to do it myself on my own hair.

I was very nervous on putting blonde color on the tips of my hair. It was a very long decision on whether I will do it or not because it's my first time to dye my hair in blonde color and I'm not sure if it will suit me. 

But then I convinced myself to do it because you know -YOLO. :D

I used H&M permanent hair color in total blonde. I did it at my friend's house. Before the hair dye application, I wear an old t-shirt and I covered myself up with an old towel. 

First I mixed the hair color solution according to the package's direction.

Next, I brushed my hair well, I make sure that there are no tangles left in my hair. I divided my hair into two sections then I divided both halves into as many sections as I wanted. At the very least, I divided each half into half again, splitting my hair into quarters.

I started the hair dye application using a hair dye brush and applied the dye from the tips up to the mid section of my hair (somewhere below my jawline). As I worked my way up I just used the remaining products from my brush to achieve the ombre effect. I make sure that I covered the entire tips of my hair and there are no spots missing.
I leave it for 45 mins as indicated in the hair dye's package direction. And covered it with a tin foil. 

After 45 mins, I rinsed it well using a conditioner. I dried it and applied the hair coloring again for the second time because I have a very dark hair color and I'm not contented on how blonde it looks. I just did the same steps as I did on the first step. Then I washed and dry my hair.

And this is the result...


I'm quite satisfied on how my hair turned out.I really like how I looked with ombre hair. I'm so happy and obsessed with it! (such a job well done Jamie!) This was actually the best hairstyle that I had and I received a lot of compliments because of this hair style.






But now I decided to chop my ombre hair because it's starting to dry and frizzy. But at least I enjoyed the experience of having an ombre hair.

What do you think of ombre hair? Do you plan to have an ombre hair as well?

xoxo,
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It makes me happy to read your comments :) I try to reply to all of them and would be happy to check out your blog and post a comment in return. xx Jamie

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature